Diversity and imaginative design have played a major part in Waystone’s portfolio of civil engineering and property development work from the project management of a $120 million water treatment works in Katsina, Nigeria to the design and build of a new 38,000 sq ft modern office facility for Wakefield Housing at Glasshoughton. Waystone has invested in land regeneration projects strategically placed near to motorway junctions having excellent communication links and usually involving major land reclamation and decontamination work.
Current projects include:
- 335 acres at Glasshoughton, near Castleford, West Yorkshire - J32, M62
- 300 acres at Barlborough, near Chesterfield - J30, M1
- The redevelopment of 100 acres of surplus land surrounding the recently revitalised Hatfield colliery near Doncaster together with its planned development of an adjacent 80 acre site to form a new marina in partnership with Powerfuels.
- The reclamation and regeneration of the former Riddochhill Colliery to operate a 100 acre logistics park at J4 of the M8 close to Bathgate. This project is being undertaken in partnership with Hall Construction Services and West Lothian Council.
- The development of the proposed 20 acre Stadium Business Park on part of the former Glasshoughton Colliery site.
- Developer status achieved on Stribro
- Preferred developer status on Shipley Park
Waystone is currently in discussions with Joint Venture partners to bring forward new major regeneration sites in the UK.